LOUISIANA ON YOUR PLATE: GW Fins Parmesan Crusted Flounder Meuniere
GW Fins Parmesan Crusted Flounder Meuniere
Courtesy of Chef Tenney Flynn, GW Fins (New Orleans, La.)
2 lbs Skinless, Boneless Flounder Filets
16 each Asparagus Spears, trimmed
2 Tbsp. Capers, drained
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
1/2 Lb. Louisiana Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Vegetable Oil Spray
Salt and Pepper
2 Cast Iron Skillets
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Fry the capers in about 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat, until crispy. They are like buds, so when they are open and crispy they are done. Drain well.
- Cook the asparagus in salted boiling water for 3 minutes and shock in iced water.
- Season filets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spray filets liberally with vegetable spray and dredge liberally in grated Parmesan cheese. Reserve cold.
- Preheat two large cast iron skillets. In each pan, add a tablespoon each of oil and butter. Place the flounder, cheese side down, in the skillets. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes and VERY IMPORTANT … don’t turn until a golden brown crust forms. You can use a spatula to lift edge to check if brown. Turn and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Transfer to 2 pie tins or baking sheet and put it in a 250 oven.
- Drain the oil from the skillet and place it back on the fire on medium to high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of whole butter. Stir until butter browns and foams, being careful not to let it burn. Add the parsley and crabmeat and remove from the heat.
- Heat the asparagus and divide it onto four heated entree plates. Place the Flounder on top of the asparagus spears, sprinkle with the fried capers and spoon the brown butter over the fish.
- THEN AND NOW – SPRING 2019THEN & NOW – SPRING 2019 – HUNTER
- LOUISIANA ON YOUR PLATE – SPRING 2019LOUISIANA ON YOUR PLATE: GW Fins Parmesan Crusted
- TAKING THE BAITTAKING THE BAIT LDWF Enforcement Agents Successfully
- BIG BLUE CATCHBIG BLUE CATCH International Popularity of Bluefin
- LOUISIANA’S HATCHERY HAVENLOUISIANA’S HATCHERY HAVEN LDWF’s Booker Fowler Fish