LOUISIANA ON YOUR PLATE - SPRING 2021
2 lbs. Ground Alligator Meat
1/2 Cup Green Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs or Flour
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Mix the ingredients together and shape into patties as you would nine hamburgers.
Roll in flour or breadcrumbs and fry or grill.
1 lb. Alligator Meat, cut into about 1x2 inch pieces
1 Cup Sherry
1 Tbsp. Lemon Pepper
1 tsp. Season-All
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Italian Salad Dressing
Flour to Dredge
Cooking Oil for Frying
Marinate alligator meat in the first five ingredients for 2 hours.
Drain and dredge in flour.
Fry pieces for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Drain and serve hot.
Alligator - Creole Style
4 lbs. Alligator Meat, cut into tiny pieces
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/3 Cups Green Pepper, diced
1 1/3 Cups Onion, chopped
2 1/2 Cups Celery, diced
1/2 Cup Flour
3 Cans Diced Tomatoes (1 lb. 13 oz. each or 10 Cups)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar, firmly packed
3 Bay Leaves
8 Whole Cloves
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/8 tsp. Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2/3 Cup White Wine
3 1/2 Quarts Cooked Rice
Melt the butter in an 8-quart heavy pot.
Add green pepper, onions and celery and saute for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat. Add flour and blend thoroughly. Add tomatoes gradually, stirring constantly. Add salt, pepper, sugar, bay leaves and cloves. Bring to a boil.
Add the alligator meat to the mixture and bring to another boil. Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered over low heat for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice and white wine. Serve over hot rice.
Alligator “Al E. Gator’s” with Plantation Sauce
by Seaworld, Orlando Fla.
4 Filets of Alligator (5 oz each)
1/2 Cup Minced Pecans
1 Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Milk
Oil and Butter for Frying
1 Fresh Mango, diced
1 Fresh Papaya, diced
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Chopped Pecans
1/2 oz. Rum
1 Cup Water
Pound alligator with a meat mallet until alligator is 1/4 inch thick. Dust with flour.
Blend pecans and breadcrumbs. Beat egg with milk.
Dip each alligator filet in egg wash. Bread alligator in pecan/breadcrumb mixture.
Fry in a mixture of oil and butter. Serve with “Plantation Sauce.”
For Plantation Sauce:
Melt butter in pan and saute pecans. Add sugar. Stir 2 minutes.
Add mango and papaya slices and mash.
Add water and boil. Add rum after water boils. Cook 15 minutes on simmer.
- LOUISIANA ON YOUR PLATE – SPRING 2021Gator Burgers 2 lbs. Ground Alligator Meat 1/2 Cup
- WATERBODY & WMA SPOTLIGHT – SPRING 2021Waterbody & Wildlife Management Area Lake St. John
- THEN & NOW – SPRING 2021Island Road Boat Launch At Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA Gets
- NO SHAVE NOVEMBERLDWF Enforcement Agents Let Their Beards Grow To Raise
- PUBLIC HUNTING PARADISEThistlethwaite WMA In St. Landry Parish Produces More
- FINDING FRECKLEBELLIESRefined Sampling Technique Yields Fresh Data About
- LOUISIANA’S OWNMottled Duck Species Featured In This Year’s Louisiana
- NICE MUSSELSRecovering The Louisiana Pearlshell Mussel, A Tiny But
- KEEP IT WILDBest Practice When Encountering Wildlife Is To Leave